Back to News
Rescheduling of Gabapentin and Pregabalin as Schedule 3 Controlled Drugs
Posted on 13 Dec 2019
From 1/4/19, Pregabalin and Gabapentin will be reclassified as Schedule 3 controlled drugs.
What this means for you:
1. Pregabalin and Gabapentin will not be in the repeat prescriptions.
2. You can request it online or through your pharmacy or by paper request by writing at the bottom of your repeat prescriptions.
3. Prescriptions have to be printed and signed and collected from the pharmacy.
4. It can not be dispensed electronically.
5. The prescription is vali only for 28 days from the date it was signed.
6. The quantity cannot exceed what is needed for 30 days.
7. Your pharmacy can no longer give out emergency supplies.
8. Please ensure you put the request in time to ensure you do not run out of the medication.
9. The request for this medication can not be made over the phone.