NHS Services, Seven Days a Week
GP surgeries now ‘there for you’ in the evenings, weekends and public holidays
The service has been introduced to give patients more flexibility in where, when and how they use local health services. It has been designed to help those who find it hard to get to the doctors during the week, perhaps because of work and family commitments.
While patients may not get to see their own doctor during these hours, the GP will have access to the patient’s medical record, subject to their consent.
The appointments are currently available at two hubs across the borough, currently at:
- Woodberry - 1 Woodberry Avenue, Winchmore Hill, N21 3LE
- Carlton House - 28 Tenniswood Road, Enfield, EN1 3LL
|Monday - Friday
||6.30pm - 8pm
|Weekends & Public Holidays
||8am - 8pm
- Appointments are of 15 minute duration
- Urgent appointments also available on the day
- Nurses and Healthcare assistants appointments are currently not available
- This is an appointment based service, not a walk-in service.
- Patients are required to arrange appointments directly from their surgery
As access to patient records is limited the Doctors will not be able to conduct the following:
- Discussing or chasing medical letters or reports
- Completion of a medical report or examination
- Extension of Sick Certificates
- Cervical smear tests
- Travel Vaccinations & Other Nurse services
Please also be aware that you could be seen by either a Male or Female GP and a chaperone will be available if requested. Once you have your appointment a copy of your discharge summary providing information of your consultation from the HUB will be sent to your Practice.
If you have any further questions or would like to book an appointment at of the HUBS please contact the surgery and our Receptionists will be able to do this for you.